This job would involve 6-weeks hands on Training at the Tesla Facility in Fremont California. We are developing a team of highly trained experts to work on batteries and battery management systems. The Repair Supervisor oversees the analysis, repair, validation, and documentation of complex electromechanical assemblies. He/She also works with engineers and technicians to identify new failure modes, implement corrective/preventive actions, and develop repair instructions. He/She directs the creation and implementation of procedures, documentation, tracking tools, etc., to ensure work is performed quickly, efficiently, and to the highest quality standards. He/She develops, implements, and trains Repair Technicians and Associates to use hand tools, test equipment, and computer-based tools for the analysis and repairing of products and subassemblies.
The Repair Supervisor is responsible for establishing and meeting department output targets, and driving continuous improvement through the repair process. He/She provides hands-on support, training, leadership, and direction to the Repair Technicians and Associates who repair products returned from the field. He/She resolves issues to ensure the successful and timely repair of fields returns, and ensures repaired products meet or exceed requirements and customer expectations.
1、Maintains high product quality and repair yield, while ensuring optimal use of resources and adherence to best practices.
2、Maintains a substantial understanding of the job, and applies knowledge and skills to teach and train others on a wide range of tasks.
3、Hires, trains, coaches, leads, and develops hourly repair team members.
4、Interacts with customers, as well as Service, Engineering, Production, Manufacturing, PC, QA, Logistics and other departs as necessary to resolve issues and concerns, and track/expedite product through the repairing process.
5、Analyzes issues, and develops creative and cost effective solutions.
6、Analyzes current practices and drives improvement, including computer- and network-based solutions.
7、As needed, supports teams & groups outside of primary job while still achieving performance targets.
8、Understands and promotes good high voltage and ESD work practices.
9、Implements and enforces proper material management and 6S practices.
10、Understands, supports, and enforces company safety rules and policies.
11、Manages employees’ schedules, time cards, and training.
12、Leads by example of positive reinforcement to make Tesla a world-class automobile manufacturer.
- 1、Must be fluent in English and have an up to date passport
- 2、Associate degree in a technical field. Training towards an advanced technical degree is a plus.
- 3、Minimum 5 years experience in assembly and repair of electro-mechanical components or electric motors.
- 4、Working knowledge of high voltage DC battery systems, or basic electronics and DC electrical systems.
- 5、Proficient with hand tools and computer-based tools, including precision measuring equipment, electrical test equipment, and computer databases.
- 6、Experience with semi-automated manufacturing equipment is highly desirable.
- 7、Proficient at understanding manufacturing instructions, electrical diagrams, and mechanical drawings.
- 8、Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- 9、Proficient with computer tools, including network solutions, Word, Excel, QuickBase, Outlook, MRP, MES, and PLM. (WarpDrive, FlexNet, and Enovia a plus.)
- 10、Must be reliable, innovative, committed, a self-starter, and quality focused.
- 11、Strong sense of urgency and drive to succeed.
- 12、Able to lift 30-50 lbs.